Saturday, April 5, 2008

I Must Be Doing Something Right


About a week ago, my 13-yr-old comes to me and informs me that he "needs" a laptop. I sit back, roll my eyes, and wait for the nagging and reasoning to begin. Much to my surprise, it never does.

Since he obviously wasn't going to offer anything more, I bit the bullet and asked why he needed one. He proceeds to start rambling about his Xbox live tournaments and recording screenshots with some techy thing he has to prove game wins. As my eyes roll back into my head, he proceeds to ask me what he can do to earn the money to buy one on his own.

I honestly almost fell out of my chair!

I expected to have to deny his request and deal with sulking and moping for a few weeks, coupling with nagging and whining. Nope, all he wanted was some work to do. He doesn't want the laptop today or tomorrow, he actually wants to save and buy it himself.

Never in my life have I been more proud of my son!

0 comments: